About Me

My photo
There are only two things you need to know about me: 1. I'm a strong believer of the butterfly effect. 2. I am [hopefully] the most random person you'll ever meet.... but I like it.

Monday, November 22, 2010

01. Melanie Melbourne

I woke up to the feeling of someone falling on my bed, I already knew who it was before I opened my eyes. “Get off my bed, Jamie.” I said with my blanket still over my head.
“But it hurts…” she said.
“Well what do you expect when you drank as much as you did last night…Are the blinds open?” I asked.
“Are you fucking crazy….no!” she said
With those wise words of encouragement, I flung the covers off my head and gently sat up. Jamie was lying perpendicular to me with an ice bag on her head and her feet planted to the floor. I waited patiently for the headache to come, and the quizzy feeling in my stomach. But it didn’t come.
“Well what do you know, no hangover” I laughed.
“Fucking showoff.”
That was Jamie. My best friend. Jamie was an American born in Milan where she lived till she was 8years old before moving to London where she stayed till the end of junior high. She moved here freshman year of high school because of her dad’s work. Her stupid English accent mixed with a hint of Italian made her seem elegant in everything she did. One thing about Jamie, she was very elaborate with her swear words, but truth was even when she swore, she still sounded like a lady. She had pale brown eyes and light caramel skin. Her hair was pitch black and she had rugged fabulous bangs that practically covered her eyes.
“You’re dad would be so proud.” I teased. I got up from my bed and walked over to the fridge, which unfortunately had nothing in it. “Don’t tell me we ate everything in here last night.”
Jamie was already tucked into my bed with my covers over her head. “Not us, Allyson. She ate everything in the fridge with that ridiculous boy toy she brought over her last night. And I think straight-for-Mel James showed up last night but I can’t remember.” She said as I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. “Everything is just so blurry.”
“Do you even remember going to the club last night?” I asked
“We went out?” she asked muffled from under the covers.
“You know what? Imma let you get back to sleep. I’m about to take a quick shower and then go get something to eat, you want anything?”
“Don’t you dare bring food in here or I swear, I’ll throw up all over your ass wipe of a bed…but some donuts would be nice”


“Mel…..” I heard a voice call from behind me, it was “straight-for-Mel” James. James was a friend of Allyson we met our first week on campus, he was openly gay but he always went on and on about how perfect he thought I was and how he would go straight for me anytime, all I had to do was say the word.
“No, Mel, no. You don’t look so good right now” he squirmed. I was wearing a tank top and a pair of calf long joggers and flip flops, I had no makeup or accessory on and my dirty blonde hair was tied into a loose bun.
“I’m just going to the coffee shop, James. It’s just five minutes away. I just had to get something to eat.” I explained.
James paused and gave me a full look over. “Oh, I get it, you’re trying to start a new trend here, a lazy kind of chique look. I gotta say, you’re pulling it off. I love what you’ve got going on with your hair.”
“No James, I’m not trying to start a trend, I just want breakfast.” I said grabbing his hand and pulling him “Now, walk me to the coffee shop.”


“….I don’t want you eating too much of those” James said gesturing to the open pack of donuts I was holding, “Your perfect just the way you are, don’t go getting fat on me.”
“Who cares.” I said biting into my coconut donut covered with chocolate. “this is good and I don’t care who sees me…want some?” I asked jokingly.
“Not even Aaron?” He said
“What?” Aaron was…well…. Aaron. Jamie introduced him to Allyson and I towards the end of our first semester and I had the hugest crush on him ever since. Huger than the crush I had on Johnny Depp when I was in junior high.
“Hey…” Aaron called noticing us, he was talking to some blonde bimbo with big tits and not standing afar off.
“Quick hide me.” I said
“Uh..it’s a little too late for that.” James said.
“Shut up and hide me.” I said as I jumped behind James’ broad back, there was no way I was letting Aaron see me like that.
“Excuse me.” Aaron said to the girl he was talking to.
“Oh look, you dropped something” James said to Aaron. When Aaron turned, James quickly pushed me into the bushes near us. “My bad, I guess, it was nothing.”
“I thought I just saw you with Mel.” Aaron said
“No, no, I think you’re seeing things” James replied
 I felt my body begin to itch but I figured they were from the excitement of Aaron asking about me.
“I’m not crazy, James, where’s Mel, I just wanna say hi.”
I felt my body itch a little more, Aaron wanted to say hi…how romantic, I gushed in my mind.
“Wait, is..is…she in there?” I heard Aaron ask. I prayed he wasn’t referring to the bushes, because squatting under a pile of shrubs with a chocolate covered mouth was definitely not how you wanted your crush to see you. I thought as I hurriedly tried to clean my mouth with my tank top.
“Melanie?” I heard Aaron say as he parted the bushes. I had my back to him but I was almost scared he could see my embarrassment through the back of my head.
“What are you doing down there, are you hi-hiding from me?” he asked
I slowly turned around, trying to think of a good explanation.
“What the---”
“Jumping submarines---”
Aaron and James swore simultaneously as I turned around.
“You’ve got something on your face.” Aaron said.
“It’s just chocolate.” I replied.
“It’s a little more than that.” James said fishing for something in the bag he was carrying, I could feel Aaron staring at me in that very unsexy way, it made me uncomfortable.
“Well, what is it?” I asked standing up.
James brought out a mirror from his bag and handed it over to me. I screamed and dropped the mirror, breaking it, as I saw my reflection. I was covered in gigantic rashes and thick red pimples on my swollen face. I looked at my arms and the same pimply rashes had grown on them too.
“I think you’re allergic.” Aaron said pointing to bushes I had just exited.
 Oh, so that’s what that itching feeling was.
Hi. My name is Melanie Melbourne and somehow, I manage to do everything wrong.


to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment